zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From "岭秀" <maoling199210...@sina.com>
Subject 回复:Re: Re: ZooKeeper 3.5 blocker issues
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 03:34:29 GMT
waiting for the release of branch3.5 at end of this year!(grin)
----- 原始邮件 -----
发件人:Michael Han <hanm@apache.org>
收件人:DevZooKeeper <dev@zookeeper.apache.org>
主题:Re: Re: ZooKeeper 3.5 blocker issues
日期:2018年09月07日 09点24分

I haven't went through the entire list, but looks like lots of the JIRA
issues listed in this thread, such as ZOOKEEPER-1549, 2846, also affects
3.4 releases. Should we scope these issues out?
I think historically the single outstanding blocking issue for a stable 3.5
release is the reconfig feature and security concerns around it (somehow
addressed in ZOOKEEPER-2014), and the alpha and beta releases were created
to stabilize that feature.
http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Zookeeper-with-SSL-release-date-tt7581744.html
So it looks like we are in good shape to release. Something might worth
doing to claim the quality of 3.5 is on par with 3.4
* Run Jepsen on 3.5 - 3.4 passed the test for the record
https://aphyr.com/posts/291-jepsen-zookeeper
* Fix all flaky tests on 3.5 - 3.4 has little or no flaky tests at all.