zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java version (Oracle - OpenJDK) support
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2018 08:52:05 GMT
Hi team,

Let me quickly summarise what we’re trying to resolve on this thread.

Problem #1: due to Oracle licensing changes people are expected to move away from Oracle Java
and support of other “open” Java implementations will become important for ZooKeeper.

Problem #2: Java 8 support will end in September 2018, we have to add support for Java 11
(LTS). Java 9 and 10 support are nice-to-haves, because those are not LTS releases.

branch-3.4 (stable version):