zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Jeelani <mjeel...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Hello from your ZooKeeper friends @ Facebook
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 20:47:57 GMT
Thanks Patrick. LAD is designed to solve the data distribution issue to replace our large observer
clusters; ZK still continues to be the source of truth store for configuration data. ZK continues
to be used heavily within Facebook for coordination and metadata store use cases. We can discuss
more on this topic in our meetup this fall.

Yeah, the attachment seems to be getting stripped off for some reason. I've uploaded it to
imgur now - hopefully you'll be able to get to it now at the below link -

https://imgur.com/a/ewaKU20

´╗┐On 8/16/18, 1:27 PM, "Patrick Hunt" <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

    On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 1:23 PM Mohamed Jeelani <mjeelani@fb.com> wrote:

    > Thanks Michael. I've attached the inline image as an attachment; hope you
    > can see it now.
    >

    > On 8/16/18, 1:12 PM, "Michael Han" <hanm@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    >     Awesome! Looking forward to the great additions from FB that will add
    >     ZooKeeper's greatness.
    >
    >     b.t.w. I can't see the inline image embedded in this email. Can others
    > see
    >     the content?

    I noticed the same thing as Michael, the attachment seems to be getting
    stripped by the ML server. (incl your followup).

    I'm also looking forward to FB contributions. Could you also shed some
    light on the effect LAD is having wrt ZK use w/in FB? Less/more/...

    Regards,

    Patrick