zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Jeelani <mjeel...@fb.com>
Subject Hello from your ZooKeeper friends @ Facebook
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:30:44 GMT
Hello!

We at Facebook have been running and enhancing ZooKeeper for more than 5 years; as you may
already know, much of our critical infrastructure has come to rely on it and the number of
ensembles in use at Facebook has grown many fold.

You may have also noticed some of us upstreaming more actively in the recent past; we've upstreamed
about 16 of our internal patches in the recent weeks. We have a lot more improvements to share.
To give you a peek at some of the categories of improvements we've made and we look forward
to sharing with the community, we have patches that add new features, reliability improvements,
performance improvements, tooling improvements, metrics, and unit tests. The below chart gives
you an idea on all the categories of investments we have planned to be upstreamed.

[cid:image001.png@01D4355C.F3933040]

Thank you for your support so far in reviewing and providing feedback on our patches and we
continue to look forward to your support going forward in the next few months as we upstream
more.

As our ZooKeeper team within Facebook has grown, we also look forward to working with the
community more closely and collaborating in reviewing issues and patches to make ZooKeeper
more awesome!

Last but not least, we look forward to hosting a meet-up this fall in our Menlo Park office
(potentially in October/November). It will be wonderful to see you all in person and we are
eager to talk to you more about our future investments in Zookeeper. More details on the summit
and call for content in the coming weeks.

Till then, see you on the PR's and Jira's!

ZooKeeper @ Facebook