zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Merli <mme...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper 3.4 to 3.5.x upgrade: "No snapshot found, but there are log entries. Something is broken!"
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 06:32:31 GMT
That is correct, there are only a few transaction so the snapshot has not
been triggered yet.

The question is more on how to plan for seamless upgrade, from 3.4.10 to
3.5.x, from an end users perspective.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 11:15 PM Michael Han <hanm@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Matteo,
>
> Maybe your ZK instance did not take a snapshot at all - it's possible if
> your total number of transactions less than the configured snapCount
> (default value is 10000) at the time you are doing upgrade. You could check
> your transaction log file and the snapCount configuration see if this is
> the case or not.

>>> to 3.5.4-beta
>>>
>>> The only catch I remember is that if you are using a version older than
>>> 3.4.6, you'd need to upgrade through 3.4.6 first before upgrading to 3.5.x,
>>> if you are doing a rolling upgrade and want to keep the liveness of the
>>> quorum. See more
>>> https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.3-beta/zookeeperReconfig.html#ch_reconfig_upgrade
>>> .
>>>

>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> This is happening upgrading from 3.4.10 to 3.5.4. It's single node
>> embedded ZK server, part of a self-contained standalone service.
>>
>> Definitely , in 3.4.10 single mode, the snapshot dosesn't get created on
>> bootstrap.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Matteo
>> --