zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Miles <ch...@chrismiles.org>
Subject Re: Connection Factories for Curator / Zookeeper / HTTP Tunneling
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2018 19:58:59 GMT
Thanks Mark.

I've only had a glance at the code around the server connection factory, and the fact there
is a netty one there seems like a good sign as there are some generic netty http tunnel examples
out there.

If there's anything you can suggest as a starter for ten, I'd be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

> On 4 Mar 2018, at 11:40, Mark Fenes <mfenes@cloudera.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Chris,
>
> yes, ports 2888 and 3888 are the default ports for quorum communication and leader election.
> By default, ZK uses NIOServerCnxnFactory, unless the zookeeper.serverCnxnFactory system
property is set to a different connection factory (e.g. Netty).

> So, you would like to configure and run the ZooKeeper server instances so that the quorum
communication and leader election would also take place on the HTTP port via tunnelling?
> Let me check this as I need to do further research to answer this question.
>
> And yes, should ZK not have this functionality, we would be very thankful for your willingness
to contribute to the source code.