zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUGGESTION] Target branches 3.5 and master (3.6) to Java 8
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:32:54 GMT
I'm fine with moving to Java 8 or even 9 in 3.6. Does anyone have a different option? Otherwise,
should we start a vote?

-Flavio

> On 16 Feb 2018, at 21:28, Abraham Fine <afine@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I'm a -1 on requiring different minimum versions of java for the client and the server.
 I think this has the potential to create a lot of confusion for users and contributors.

> I would support moving master (3.6) to java 8, I also think it is worth considering moving
to java 9. Given how long our release cycle tends to be I think targeting the latest and greatest
this early in the development cycle is reasonable.