zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUGGESTION] Target branches 3.5 and master (3.6) to Java 8
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:28:16 GMT
I'm a -1 on requiring different minimum versions of java for the client and the server.  I
think this has the potential to create a lot of confusion for users and contributors.

I would support moving master (3.6) to java 8, I also think it is worth considering moving
to java 9. Given how long our release cycle tends to be I think targeting the latest and greatest
this early in the development cycle is reasonable.

Thanks,
Abe