zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com>
Subject Squash/fixup commits
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 06:25:14 GMT
Hi,

@afine raised this on my latest PR:
"going forward it would be great if you didn't squash your commits when
updating your pr in response to comments (I'm guilty of doing this too), i
think the pr merge script handles that plus it is more difficult to see
exactly what you changed in response to the comments."

I was under the impression that keeping one single commit in PRs makes
commiters' life a lot easier when cherry-picking. Also single commit merges
keep the git log cleaner on the master branch which is also a plus.

I won't do fixups going forward to make the reviews easier, just curious
how does it work behind the scenes?

Cheers,
Andor