zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Franck <Nicolas.Fra...@UGent.be>
Subject separate zookeeper client tools from server
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 07:25:18 GMT
Hi there,

Zookeeper is now delivered as one download, containing both the server and the client tools.
So all yum/debian packages do the same.

I created a zookeeper ensemble, with a zookeeper instance on each host.
>From one managing server I want to send znodes to all of the zookeeper instances.

But in order to do that, I need to install ... zookeeper on that managing server.
Wouldn't it be better to split both packages into a server part and a client part?

I know there is a java and a c client api, but I don't see any reason to write code
if the tools  are complete enough.

Is this correct? How do you people do this?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas Franck