zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: FYI - zetcd: running ZooKeeper apps without ZooKeeper
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 16:44:42 GMT
I think they're trying to displace ZK for places that use things like Kafka too. They can make
the argument that you can install Hashicorp everything and get rid of having to manage anything
else. That said, both etcd and consul are more k/v stores than they are distributed coordinators.
I was playing around with Consul this past week and it's locking recipes are far inferior
to ZooKeeper, for example (it suffers serious herding when contending for a new lock holder).

-Jordan