zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Introduce ZooKeeper flaky test dashboard
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 02:33:05 GMT
tl;dr
https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-Find-Flaky-Tests/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/report.html

We all know quality is important to this project. One of major advantage of
ZooKeeper comparing to other similar solutions is its quality: solid,
stable, and well tested. Unit tests are playing an important role for ZK's
quality so we need take these tests seriously. In particular for failed
tests, it's easy to blame they are failed because of flaky but usually
there are bugs (sometimes very subtle ones) behind the failures.

Inspired by some good work done on HBase project, I've borrowed and tweaked
their script so it applies to ZooKeeper project. The dashboard is now up
and a Jenkins job is running on a daily base to monitor our builds and pick
up flaky tests. I hope this dashboard can help increase the visibility and
raise awareness of the quality of unit tests, and also help developers
track and diagnose failures.

Any feedback will be appreciated, and of course, contributions are very
welcome.

--
Cheers
Michael.