zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>
Subject Re: committing doc changes
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 19:50:08 GMT
Apologies for reviving an old thread.

I'm wondering if we can make this conversation actionable. It would be
great to remove the compiled documentation from the repository. I
created a JIRA to cover this work:

Does anyone have any insight into what would be required to make sure
the trunk documentation remains available if we make this change. I do
not believe I have access to the trunk jenkins job configuration to see
exactly what is going on.

Thanks,
Abe

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016, at 16:10, Patrick Hunt wrote:
> As Flavio mentioned we (committers) commit the docs so that users
> interested in d/l the source and using it don't need to generate the
> docs,
> which requires forrest and could often be a pita. In the early days this
> was seen as a benefit. That's the history at least.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Michael Han <hanm@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Run forrest check only take a few seconds, so it seems worthwhile to add it
> > to QA target to have some sanity checks on the doc change.
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > We currently do it for the trunk build:
> > >
> > > <target name="hudson-test-trunk" depends="docs,tar,findbugs"/>
> > >
> > > but not for pull request or patch QA:
> > >
> > > <target name="qa-test-pullrequest" depends="findbugs.check,
> > forrest.check">
> > >
> > > "forrest.check" only checks if the forrest.home variable is defined.
> > >
> > > Is that enough that we run it as part of the trunk build?
> > >
> > > -Flavio

> > > here:

> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease>

> > > the documentation at the time that we are preparing a release candidate
> > or
> > > after voting on a release candidate. We could for sure build the
> > > documentation right before generating the first rc for a release and
> > create
> > > blocker jiras in the case there is any issue.

> > "trunk"

Isn’t