zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Han <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Apache ZooKeeper 3.5.3-beta Release Plan
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 22:54:08 GMT
Hi all,

We all know that a stable 3.5 release is long awaited by community.
Previously we were on hold because of a security related issue
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2014> around dynamic
reconfiguration and most recently a CVE
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2693> around four letter
words. Now with both issues resolved in branch-3.5, I think we are ready to
move forward with 3.5.3 beta release and hopefully in near future, ship the
stable 3.5 release after this. So I am taking a stab here to start the
discussion on the plan of moving 3.5.3-beta forward.

Currently there are  six blocker issues
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2693?jql=project%20%3D%20ZOOKEEPER%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Blocker%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.5.3>
targeting 3.5.3:
ZOOKEEPER-2693 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2693>:
already resolved for branch-3.5.  The issue is still open because of
remaining work for branch-3.4.
ZOOKEEPER-761 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-761>:
already resolved for branch-3.5. The issue is still open because of some
potential changes required for branch-3.4.

As for the remaining issues marked as blocker, I'd like to propose we push
them to next release because these issues are not regressions - unless we
think some of them are absolutely required to get resolved for 3.5.3.
ZOOKEEPER-2317 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2317>
ZOOKEEPER-2159 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2159>
ZOOKEEPER-1549 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1549>
ZOOKEEPER-1159 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1159>

I will start doing the work to defer all JIRA issues targeting 3.5.3 to
3.5.4 by end of this week (*3/10*) if no objections. After that will cut a
RC build for 3.5.3.

Please let me know what you think about this plan and any concerns /
comments are welcome.

-- 
Cheers
Michael.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message