zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Han <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Apache ZooKeeper 3.5.3-beta Release Plan
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:30:36 GMT
Hi all,

Here is an update of the release progress according to the plan.

* A new version 3.5.4 is created in JIRA and all issues with Fixed Version
as 3.5.3 have been updated to 3.5.4 as new Fixed Version value. Apology for
the spams sent to dev list, but I failed to find a check box in JIRA UI
that allows me to tweak notification settings when doing a bulk edit.

* The only issue currently targeting 3.5.3 is ZOOKEEPER-2635 (regenerate
documentation for release)
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2635>. Please nominate if
you think any of other issues should be resolved and shipped as part of
3.5.3 release. We will then triage the issues and make decision on whether
or not to include as part of release.

As for the date for cutting the release candidate, I'd like to propose we
give another week to stabilize of the build (caused by INFRA-13526
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13526>), and address some
flaky unit tests which appear fairly frequently in recent builds.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Michael Han <hanm@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Yes, I am happy to take release management responsibilities for 3.5.3-beta
> release, and thank you in advance for your help during the process.
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for driving this Michael. What you are suggesting sounds reasonable
>> to me.
>>
>> I've been swamped of late - any chance you (Michael) would be able/willing
>> to take on the RM responsibilities for 3.5.3? I can help shepherd you
>> through the process.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Abraham Fine <afine@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > This approach makes sense to me. Perhaps now would be a good time to
>> > reevaluate whether or not ZOOKEEPER-2159 and ZOOKEEPER-1159 actually
>> > need to be blockers.
>> >
>> > Abe
>> >
>> > On Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 14:54, Michael Han wrote:
>> > > Hi all,
>> > >
>> > > We all know that a stable 3.5 release is long awaited by community.
>> > > Previously we were on hold because of a security related issue
>> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2014> around dynamic
>> > > reconfiguration and most recently a CVE
>> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2693> around four
>> > letter
>> > > words. Now with both issues resolved in branch-3.5, I think we are
>> ready
>> > > to
>> > > move forward with 3.5.3 beta release and hopefully in near future,
>> ship
>> > > the
>> > > stable 3.5 release after this. So I am taking a stab here to start the
>> > > discussion on the plan of moving 3.5.3-beta forward.
>> > >
>> > > Currently there are  six blocker issues
>> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2693?
>> > jql=project%20%3D%20ZOOKEEPER%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%
>> > 20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Blocker%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.5.3>
>> > > targeting 3.5.3:
>> > > ZOOKEEPER-2693 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2693
>> >:
>> > > already resolved for branch-3.5.  The issue is still open because of
>> > > remaining work for branch-3.4.
>> > > ZOOKEEPER-761 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-761>:
>> > > already resolved for branch-3.5. The issue is still open because of
>> some
>> > > potential changes required for branch-3.4.
>> > >
>> > > As for the remaining issues marked as blocker, I'd like to propose we
>> > > push
>> > > them to next release because these issues are not regressions -
>> unless we
>> > > think some of them are absolutely required to get resolved for 3.5.3.
>> > > ZOOKEEPER-2317 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2317>
>> > > ZOOKEEPER-2159 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2159>
>> > > ZOOKEEPER-1549 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1549>
>> > > ZOOKEEPER-1159 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1159>
>> > >
>> > > I will start doing the work to defer all JIRA issues targeting 3.5.3
>> to
>> > > 3.5.4 by end of this week (*3/10*) if no objections. After that will
>> cut
>> > > a
>> > > RC build for 3.5.3.
>> > >
>> > > Please let me know what you think about this plan and any concerns /
>> > > comments are welcome.
>> > >
>> > > --
>> > > Cheers
>> > > Michael.
>> >
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Cheers
> Michael.
>



-- 
Cheers
Michael.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message