zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Disabling snapshots in ZooKeeper
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:46:57 GMT
I just did a patch to reduce the times that ZK takes a snapshot during start up, and if you
disable it in all cases you can end up with losing data, or even a corrupted database.  In
general you should be fine so long as you don't crash right after start up.
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/157
As a reference in case you want to see what I did.

- Bobby

On Thursday, March 9, 2017, 11:28:25 PM CST, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr@apache.org>
wrote:Hi Aishwarya,

Its interesting, just curious to know the thought process behind disabling
snapshot feature. Thanks!

Rakesh