zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper 3.4.10 release discussion
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 03:23:46 GMT
Thanks Patrick for the comments.

Recently, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2672 issue
created to remove the CHANGE.txt file itself. Sorry for not mentioned this
in the cwiki page. Could you please look at the discussion in this jira.
Probably, will come back to this step once we reach to an agreement. Thanks!

I think step-5(previous step) explains the way to prepare release notes and
that is sufficient for us, right?. Also, I'm not sure the intention of this
new mechanism and don't know who added this step. Is this a blocking point
for this release?

Yes, its a signed tag. I've followed Hadoop's way
https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease. Please refer step-8 in
'Creating the release candidate (X.Y.Z-RC<N>)' section. I hope you are
agreeing to this approach.

Thanks,
Rakesh

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 3:24 AM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for driving this Rakesh. I finally got some time to try the changes
> (as much as possible w/o cutting a release myself) and noticed the
> following:
>
> 4 changes.txt - how does one do this? can we provide the exact steps to the
> RM?
>
> 6. TODO - put this in red? We need to have a process before you can do the
> release.
>
> 11. tagging - the -s indicates signed tag, is that right? (seems like a
> good idea)
>
> Otherwise everything looked correct to me. It's consistent with what we are
> doing with SVN previously afaict. Remind me after the release is published,
> we should review the state of things at that point and ensure that that
> state is what we expect (e.g. compare to the published state of previous
> release(s)).
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick
>

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr@apache.org
> >
> wrote:
>
> > OK. I have modified ZK cwiki page
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease
> > directly. Please review the newly added lines in orange color to
> understand
> > the changes. The following sections has been modified:
> >
> >    - *Updating the release branch -> modified steps **1, 4, 10, 11*
> >    - *Building -> modified step 9*
> >    - *Publishing -> modified step 1*
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rakesh
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps you can make the changes directly on the wiki page as a
> duplicate
> > > line item under the original in a different color? It's hard for me to
> > > really follow, esp as it's not a 1:1 replacement iiuc. Could you try
> > > editing the wiki directly to start with, leave the original line and
> add
> > > the new line(s) but in another color or some other indication?
> > >
> > > Thanks Rakesh.
> > >
> > > Patrick
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <
> [...]
Thanks!