zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From "superheizai" <superhei...@aliyun.com>
Subject 回复:would like to contribute to the zookeeper
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 01:33:30 GMT
After check, I knew the reason.
The root cause is, the zk run in JAVA6, which  will keep constant pool in permgen. And at
the same time, we enable JMX, which will make a string that will register the connection info
into the constant pool, by new ObjectName in MBeanRegistry, which will call intern() for the
new String.In our case, there are many conncections and connection many times, so there will
be so many strings and which lead to full perm at last.
thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:superheizai
<superheizai@aliyun.com>发送时间:2017年1月12日(星期四) 16:42收件人:dev@zookeeper.apache.org
<dev@zookeeper.apache.org>; Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com>主 题:回复:would
like to contribute to the zookeeper
Hey guys,
       Here I want to discuss the ZK permgen occupy too much space problem.
     Recently, we encounter a  perm alarming which was triggered by zk occupy too much
perm space. Actually, it occupy about 300M. When I dump all string,and found that, all strings
are like "org.apache.ZooKeeperService:name0=ReplicatedServer_id3,name1=replica.3,name2=Follower,name3=Connections,name4=**.**.***.***,name5=0x3596daa0ad4e79a",name4
was watcher IP.
    These string were registered jmx bean info.And , were registerd by org.apache.zookeeper.server.ServerCnxnFactory.registerConnection,
am I right? How can I resolve this problem? Or, just let it be, and all these will be relcaimed
when full GC occur?          Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:Chris Nauroth
<cnauroth@hortonworks.com>发送时间:2015年11月18日(星期三) 04:21收件人:dev@zookeeper.apache.org
<dev@zookeeper.apache.org>; superheizai <superheizai@aliyun.com>主 题:Re:
would like to contribute to the zookeeper
Hello Justin,

Thank you for your interest in ZooKeeper!  If you haven't already seen it,
then I recommend reading the guide on how to contribute.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute

Feel free to post patches on ZooKeeper JIRA issues that interest you.  If
there is any question about how to proceed on an issue, then please either
email the dev list again or discuss directly on the JIRA.

--Chris Nauroth