zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject 3.6.0-alpha release?
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2016 14:55:22 GMT
Hello there,

There are a few things interesting in trunk, like the TTL nodes feature and the performance
improvement in ZK-2024, and I've been wondering if it would make sense to cut an alpha release
for folks to start testing. Points to keep in mind are:

- Positive: There are features that would be good to make available through a release so that
the community can start testing more broadly.
- Negative: Our focus will remain in 3.5 until it stabilizes, so creating a 3.6 branch will
create some additional burden to the community.

Any thoughts here?

-Flavio