zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: RC1 issues (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.2-alpha candidate 1)
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 16:53:11 GMT
For my part, I got a successful full test run from RC1 before starting the
[VOTE].  The problem with the silent failure of multi tests could have
snuck past me easily though.  (Flavio, thank you for filing
ZOOKEEPER-2463.)  I'm curious to hear test results from others who are
trying RC1.

It looks like we also need an issue to track updating the copyright notice
in the docs.  I don't believe this is an ASF compliance problem in the
same way that an erroneous NOTICE file would be, so I propose that we
address it in 3.5.3.

Flavio, you suggested filing a blocker for the ZooKeeperQuorumServer.cc
failure.  Did you want that targeted to 3.5.2 or 3.5.3?

Overall, how are people feeling about the RC1 [VOTE] at this point?  Is
anyone considering a -1, or shall we proceed (keeping in mind it's an
alpha) with the intent of fixing things in a more rapid 3.5.3 release
cycle?

--Chris Nauroth