zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Luciano Afranllie <listas.luaf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backporting ZOOKEEPER-2120 (SSL support) to 3.4.8
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 14:54:11 GMT
Thanks Flavio

What about back porting in our own private fork while we wait for the 3.5?
I would like your help understanding how easy/difficult this may be.

Regards
Luciano

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Luciano,
>
> The 3.4 branch is stable and we are only releasing bug fixes at this
> point, so it is currently not an option to back port.
>
> We are all pretty eager to see the 3.5 branch stable, and we are in the
> process of voting the release candidate for 3.5.2, but that's still tagged
> as alpha. We don't have a current plan for 3.5.3 yet, but I believe no one
> here wants to wait too long have it out. I suspect that it won't be before
> 3 months from now given the pace that we have been releasing, though.
>
> -Flavio
>
>
> > On 01 Jul 2016, at 13:07, Luciano Afranllie <listas.luafran@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there
> >
> > We are in the need to have SSL support in Zookeeper in order for our
> > solution to be FIPS complaint.
> >
> > Of course one option is to wait for 3.5 to be released but given we are a
> > little bit time constrained we want to consider an alternative of
> > backporting SSL support from 3.5 to 3.4 (we are using 3.4.8)
> >
> > Do you think this is doable? Can you please tell me the impact of doing
> > this and if you think it is a viable alternative? We have experience with
> > Java but not with ZK at development level.
> >
> > Of, course if you have a rough estimate about when ZK 3.5 may be released
> > that may help in our decision too.
> >
> > Regards
> > Luciano
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message