zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Luciano Afranllie <listas.luaf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backporting ZOOKEEPER-2120 (SSL support) to 3.4.8
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 18:45:37 GMT
Quick question, ZK-2125 depends on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2069 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2072?

It seems to be given the description of ZK-2063...

Regards
Luciano


On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:

> I think you're talking about porting the patch of ZK-2125. I haven't
> really assessed how much work it would be to backport it, but it is
> possibly not hard.
>
> -Flavio
>
> > On 01 Jul 2016, at 15:54, Luciano Afranllie <listas.luafran@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Flavio
> >
> > What about back porting in our own private fork while we wait for the
> 3.5?
> > I would like your help understanding how easy/difficult this may be.
> >
> > Regards
> > Luciano
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Luciano,
> >>
> >> The 3.4 branch is stable and we are only releasing bug fixes at this
> >> point, so it is currently not an option to back port.
> >>
> >> We are all pretty eager to see the 3.5 branch stable, and we are in the
> >> process of voting the release candidate for 3.5.2, but that's still
> tagged
> >> as alpha. We don't have a current plan for 3.5.3 yet, but I believe no
> one
> >> here wants to wait too long have it out. I suspect that it won't be
> before
> >> 3 months from now given the pace that we have been releasing, though.
> >>
> >> -Flavio
> >>
> >>
> >>> On 01 Jul 2016, at 13:07, Luciano Afranllie <listas.luafran@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Hi there
> >>>
> >>> We are in the need to have SSL support in Zookeeper in order for our
> >>> solution to be FIPS complaint.
> >>>
> >>> Of course one option is to wait for 3.5 to be released but given we
> are a
> >>> little bit time constrained we want to consider an alternative of
> >>> backporting SSL support from 3.5 to 3.4 (we are using 3.4.8)
> >>>
> >>> Do you think this is doable? Can you please tell me the impact of doing
> >>> this and if you think it is a viable alternative? We have experience
> with
> >>> Java but not with ZK at development level.
> >>>
> >>> Of, course if you have a rough estimate about when ZK 3.5 may be
> released
> >>> that may help in our decision too.
> >>>
> >>> Regards
> >>> Luciano
> >>
> >>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message