zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC1 issues (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.2-alpha candidate 1)
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 14:25:00 GMT
I have spun a new ubuntu VM to check the C failures. I get three failures with the new installation:

Zookeeper_simpleSystem::testFirstServerDown : assertion : elapsed 10911
tests/TestClient.cc:411: Assertion: equality assertion failed [Expected: -101, Actual  : -4]
tests/TestClient.cc:322: Assertion: assertion failed [Expression: ctx.waitForConnected(zk)]
Failures !!!
Run: 43   Failure total: 2   Failures: 2   Errors: 0

TestReconfigServer::testRemoveFollower/usr/bin/java
ZooKeeper JMX enabled by default
Using config: ./../../build/test/test-cppunit/conf/0.conf
Starting zookeeper ... FAILED TO START
zktest-mt: tests/ZooKeeperQuorumServer.cc:61: void ZooKeeperQuorumServer::start(): Assertion
`system(command.c_str()) == 0' failed.
/bin/bash: line 5: 47059 Aborted                 (core dumped) ZKROOT=./../.. CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$CLOVER_HOME/lib/clover.jar
${dir}$tst

-Flavio

> On 03 Jul 2016, at 15:19, Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribeiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Flavio,
>

> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org <mailto:fpj@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hey Eddie,
>
> A few comments on your points:
>

> > - the copyright notice is still dating "2008-2013". It's worth updating to
> > the current year?
>
> Where are you seeing this? The NOTICE file is correct from what I can see.
>
> ​Ops, sorry. I was referring to the PDFs and HTMLs in the docs/ folder. Even after
running "ant docs" the footnote has "2008-2013" copyright. Images attached.

> > - I consistently ran on an test error equals to the one at
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console>
<https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console>>

> I think this is ZK-2152, which Chris has moved to 3.5.3, so even though it isn't ideal.
it is expected.

> ​Got it. :)
> ​
>
> > - Also this one:
> > https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201601.mbox/%3C1279938263.1283.1453526737790.JavaMail.jenkins@crius%3E
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201601.mbox/%3C1279938263.1283.1453526737790.JavaMail.jenkins@crius%3E>

> I don't know if there is a jira for this one. If not, better create one and make it a
blocker.

> ​Okay, gonna look for and do this.
>

> > - In fact, there were 14 failing tests total (I suspect all of them related
> > to the C tests). Any ideas? A couple of flacky tests?
> >

> In general, having a release with so many tests failing is bad. I didn't get these test
failures, so it would be great to report them or make sure that there are jiras for it.

> ​Right. I was only skep​tical of my own tests because I ran the unit tests on a relatively
old Ubuntu version, even though it was Java 1.7. So, I am running the tests on a newer Linux
soon just to make sure it was not a false negative.

> Test failures are possibly an indication that something is bad with the RC, so I wouldn't
have +1 it if I had observed all those. It might be ok given that this is still labeled alpha.

> ​Excuse me. I only +1'ed because I suspect the errors are restricted to the C binding
and my Ubuntu version, etc. But I should have researched further before giving +1, nevertheless.
Point taken. :)