zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC1 issues (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.2-alpha candidate 1)
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 15:43:32 GMT
The issue with the TestReconfigServer test is that the client port is still used and we get
a bind exception, which prevents the server from starting. To verify this locally, I simply
added some code to retry and it works fine with that fix. Going forward we need a better fox.

I haven't able to figure out yet the issue with the Zookeeper_simpleSystem tests.

I have also found something strange with the multi tests. I have created ZK-2463 for this
problem and made it a blocker for 3.5.3.

-Flavio

> On 03 Jul 2016, at 15:25, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I have spun a new ubuntu VM to check the C failures. I get three failures with the new
installation:

> Zookeeper_simpleSystem::testFirstServerDown : assertion : elapsed 10911
> tests/TestClient.cc:411: Assertion: equality assertion failed [Expected: -101, Actual
 : -4]
> tests/TestClient.cc:322: Assertion: assertion failed [Expression: ctx.waitForConnected(zk)]
> Failures !!!
> Run: 43   Failure total: 2   Failures: 2   Errors: 0
>

> TestReconfigServer::testRemoveFollower/usr/bin/java
> ZooKeeper JMX enabled by default
> Using config: ./../../build/test/test-cppunit/conf/0.conf
> Starting zookeeper ... FAILED TO START
> zktest-mt: tests/ZooKeeperQuorumServer.cc:61: void ZooKeeperQuorumServer::start(): Assertion
`system(command.c_str()) == 0' failed.
> /bin/bash: line 5: 47059 Aborted                 (core dumped) ZKROOT=./../.. CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$CLOVER_HOME/lib/clover.jar
${dir}$tst

> -Flavio
>

>> On 03 Jul 2016, at 15:19, Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribeiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Flavio,
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org <mailto:fpj@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> Hey Eddie,
>>
>> A few comments on your points:
>>

>>> - the copyright notice is still dating "2008-2013". It's worth updating to
>>> the current year?
>>
>> Where are you seeing this? The NOTICE file is correct from what I can see.
>>
>> ​Ops, sorry. I was referring to the PDFs and HTMLs in the docs/ folder. Even after
running "ant docs" the footnote has "2008-2013" copyright. Images attached.

>>> - I consistently ran on an test error equals to the one at
>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console>
<https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console>>

>> I think this is ZK-2152, which Chris has moved to 3.5.3, so even though it isn't
ideal. it is expected.

>> ​Got it. :)
>> ​
>>
>>> - Also this one:
>>> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201601.mbox/%3C1279938263.1283.1453526737790.JavaMail.jenkins@crius%3E
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201601.mbox/%3C1279938263.1283.1453526737790.JavaMail.jenkins@crius%3E>

>> I don't know if there is a jira for this one. If not, better create one and make
it a blocker.

>> ​Okay, gonna look for and do this.
>>

>>> - In fact, there were 14 failing tests total (I suspect all of them related
>>> to the C tests). Any ideas? A couple of flacky tests?
>>>

>> In general, having a release with so many tests failing is bad. I didn't get these
test failures, so it would be great to report them or make sure that there are jiras for it.

>> ​Right. I was only skep​tical of my own tests because I ran the unit tests on
a relatively old Ubuntu version, even though it was Java 1.7. So, I am running the tests on
a newer Linux soon just to make sure it was not a false negative.

>> Test failures are possibly an indication that something is bad with the RC, so I
wouldn't have +1 it if I had observed all those. It might be ok given that this is still labeled
alpha.

>> ​Excuse me. I only +1'ed because I suspect the errors are restricted to the C binding
and my Ubuntu version, etc. But I should have researched further before giving +1, nevertheless.
Point taken. :)