zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject RC1 issues (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.2-alpha candidate 1)
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 08:54:14 GMT
Hey Eddie,

A few comments on your points:

> On 02 Jul 2016, at 23:54, Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribeiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> - built ZK from source
> - ran all the unit tests
> - generated and checked javadocs
> - generated and checked docs
> - executed few manual test (zkCli.sh) and 4lw
>
> Some small issues (imho):
>
> - the copyright notice is still dating "2008-2013". It's worth updating to
> the current year?

Where are you seeing this? The NOTICE file is correct from what I can see.

> - I consistently ran on an test error equals to the one at
> https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console <https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/2982/console>

I think this is ZK-2152, which Chris has moved to 3.5.3, so even though it isn't ideal. it
is expected.

> - Also this one:
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201601.mbox/%3C1279938263.1283.1453526737790.JavaMail.jenkins@crius%3E

I don't know if there is a jira for this one. If not, better create one and make it a blocker.

> - In fact, there were 14 failing tests total (I suspect all of them related
> to the C tests). Any ideas? A couple of flacky tests?

In general, having a release with so many tests failing is bad. I didn't get these test failures,
so it would be great to report them or make sure that there are jiras for it.

Test failures are possibly an indication that something is bad with the RC, so I wouldn't
have +1 it if I had observed all those. It might be ok given that this is still labeled alpha.

-Flavio