zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC1 issues (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.2-alpha candidate 1)
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 19:02:18 GMT

> On 03 Jul 2016, at 17:53, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> For my part, I got a successful full test run from RC1 before starting the
> [VOTE].  The problem with the silent failure of multi tests could have
> snuck past me easily though.  (Flavio, thank you for filing
> ZOOKEEPER-2463.)  I'm curious to hear test results from others who are
> trying RC1.

The test failures seem to be related to test timing, not bugs, but I haven't been able to
confirm for the last two I mentioned. Granted that timing is in some sense a bug, all I'm
saying is that it doesn't seem to indicate a regression or anything.

> It looks like we also need an issue to track updating the copyright notice
> in the docs.  I don't believe this is an ASF compliance problem in the
> same way that an erroneous NOTICE file would be, so I propose that we
> address it in 3.5.3.

Agreed, we need an issue for that.

> Flavio, you suggested filing a blocker for the ZooKeeperQuorumServer.cc
> failure.  Did you want that targeted to 3.5.2 or 3.5.3?

I'm suggesting as a blocker for 3.5.3, I think we should proceed with 3.5.2 as is and give
some love to the C client in the next release.

> Overall, how are people feeling about the RC1 [VOTE] at this point?  Is
> anyone considering a -1, or shall we proceed (keeping in mind it's an
> alpha) with the intent of fixing things in a more rapid 3.5.3 release
> cycle?

I'd say we proceed.

-Flavio