zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backporting ZOOKEEPER-2120 (SSL support) to 3.4.8
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 12:23:36 GMT
Hi Luciano,

The 3.4 branch is stable and we are only releasing bug fixes at this point, so it is currently
not an option to back port.

We are all pretty eager to see the 3.5 branch stable, and we are in the process of voting
the release candidate for 3.5.2, but that's still tagged as alpha. We don't have a current
plan for 3.5.3 yet, but I believe no one here wants to wait too long have it out. I suspect
that it won't be before 3 months from now given the pace that we have been releasing, though.

-Flavio


> On 01 Jul 2016, at 13:07, Luciano Afranllie <listas.luafran@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi there
> 
> We are in the need to have SSL support in Zookeeper in order for our
> solution to be FIPS complaint.
> 
> Of course one option is to wait for 3.5 to be released but given we are a
> little bit time constrained we want to consider an alternative of
> backporting SSL support from 3.5 to 3.4 (we are using 3.4.8)
> 
> Do you think this is doable? Can you please tell me the impact of doing
> this and if you think it is a viable alternative? We have experience with
> Java but not with ZK at development level.
> 
> Of, course if you have a rough estimate about when ZK 3.5 may be released
> that may help in our decision too.
> 
> Regards
> Luciano


Mime
View raw message