zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Maslyakov <evol...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory stats reporting in "mntr"
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 13:40:04 GMT
I have a patch for the 3.4.x line that adds some simple heap stats into the
"mntr" 4lw response. I use it to monitor the memory utilization by the
service to have an early warning that the instance is about to fail. Would
the community/maintainers be interested in this contribution? If so, I can
open a JIRA issue and then submit a patch with it. Please let me know if
there is interest in this patch.

This is how the proposed change looks like (see the yellow highlight below):

[evolvah@vp-backup-1 zookeeper-3.4.8]$ echo mntr | nc localhost 2181

zk_version      3.4.8-1740158, built on 04/20/2016 16:14 GMT

zk_avg_latency  0

zk_max_latency  0

zk_min_latency  0

zk_packets_received     1