zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: making CI a more pleasant experience
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 04:49:46 GMT
Hi,

On 3 May 2015 at 12:53, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> (....)
> 3. Tests are non-deterministic, such as by hard-coding a sleep time to
> wait for an asynchronous action to complete.  The solutions usually
> involve providing hooks into lower-layer logic, such as to receive a
> callback from the asynchronous action, so that the test can be
> deterministic.

Indeed:

~/src/zookeeper-svn/src/java/test/org/apache/zookeeper (master) ✔ git grep
-i 'sleep(' | wc -l
91

Making runs shorter would be very helpful as well. Currently it just takes
too long.

Also, adding to what Patrick said, I'll take a closer look at the runs
reported at:

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-Build/

to have a better grasp of what's going on. Thanks!

-rgs