zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From lei he <hl0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] [Commented] (ZOOKEEPER-1115) follower can not sync with leader
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:32:38 GMT
Hmm, of cause it works. But I really don't think that's the right way... It
obviously harm the performance. We have to limit the node number, or the
leader will be the single point. But that's OK, it surely works this time.
Thanks again.

2011/7/5 Flavio Junqueira (JIRA) <jira@apache.org>

>
>    [
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1115?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13059817#comment-13059817]
>
> Flavio Junqueira commented on ZOOKEEPER-1115:
> ---------------------------------------------
>
> What about increasing syncLimit?
>
> > follower can not sync with leader
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> >                 Key: ZOOKEEPER-1115
> >                 URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1115
> >             Project: ZooKeeper
> >          Issue Type: Bug
> >          Components: quorum
> >    Affects Versions: 3.3.0, 3.3.3
> >         Environment: linux rhel 4, x64, java version 1.4.2
> >            Reporter: helei
> >            Priority: Critical
> >
> > there are 5 members in the quorum. one follower can not sync with leader
> after restart. it seems leader has close the data connection with this
> follower because of read timeout. here is the key log in follower:
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,069 - WARN
>  [Thread-17:QuorumCnxManager$RecvWorker@658] - Connection broken:
> > java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
> >         at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.ensureReadOpen(SocketChannelImpl.java:113)
> >         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:156)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager$RecvWorker.run(QuorumCnxManager.java:629)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,069 - INFO  [QuorumPeer:/0.0.0.0:2181
> :FastLeaderElection@689] - Notification: 3, 17198470148, 3, 3, LOOKING,
> LOOKING, 3
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,070 - ERROR
> [Thread-16:QuorumCnxManager$SendWorker@559] - Failed to send last message.
> Shutting down thread.
> > java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
> >         at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.ensureWriteOpen(SocketChannelImpl.java:126)
> >         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:324)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager$SendWorker.send(QuorumCnxManager.java:548)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager$SendWorker.run(QuorumCnxManager.java:557)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,082 - INFO  [QuorumPeer:/0.0.0.0:2181:Learner@282] -
> Getting a diff from the leader 0x4011bd462
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,083 - WARN
>  [Thread-18:QuorumCnxManager$SendWorker@589] - Send worker leaving thread
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,085 - WARN  [QuorumPeer:/0.0.0.0:2181:Follower@116]
> - Got zxid 0x4011bd405 expected 0x1
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:45,090 - INFO  [QuorumPeer:/0.0.0.0:2181
> :FileTxnSnapLog@208] - Snapshotting: 4011bd462
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:53,397 - WARN  [SyncThread:3:SendAckRequestProcessor@63]
> - Closing connection to leader, exception during packet send
> > java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
> >         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
> >         at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
> >         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> >         at
> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
> >         at
> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Learner.writePacket(Learner.java:126)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.SendAckRequestProcessor.flush(SendAckRequestProcessor.java:61)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.flush(SyncRequestProcessor.java:164)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.run(SyncRequestProcessor.java:98)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:53,398 - WARN  [QuorumPeer:/0.0.0.0:2181:Follower@82] -
> Exception when following the leader
> > java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
> >         at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:99)
> >         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> >         at
> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
> >         at
> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Learner.writePacket(Learner.java:126)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Learner.ping(Learner.java:358)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Follower.processPacket(Follower.java:108)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Follower.followLeader(Follower.java:79)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeer.run(QuorumPeer.java:634)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:53,398 - WARN  [SyncThread:3:SendAckRequestProcessor@63]
> - Closing connection to leader, exception during packet send
> > java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
> >         at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:99)
> >         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> >         at
> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
> >         at
> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Learner.writePacket(Learner.java:126)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.SendAckRequestProcessor.flush(SendAckRequestProcessor.java:61)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.flush(SyncRequestProcessor.java:164)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SyncRequestProcessor.run(SyncRequestProcessor.java:98)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:53,399 - INFO  [QuorumPeer:/0.0.0.0:2181:Follower@166]
> - shutdown called
> > java.lang.Exception: shutdown Follower
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Follower.shutdown(Follower.java:166)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeer.run(QuorumPeer.java:638)
> > and these are the leader's:
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:35,943 - ERROR [LearnerHandler-/10.23.247.163:14975
> :LearnerHandler@444] - Unexpected exception causing shutdown while sock
> still open
> > java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> >         at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
> >         at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
> >         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
> >         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
> >         at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:370)
> >         at
> org.apache.jute.BinaryInputArchive.readInt(BinaryInputArchive.java:63)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPacket.deserialize(QuorumPacket.java:84)
> >         at
> org.apache.jute.BinaryInputArchive.readRecord(BinaryInputArchive.java:108)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.LearnerHandler.run(LearnerHandler.java:358)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:35,943 - WARN  [LearnerHandler-/10.23.247.163:14975
> :LearnerHandler@457] - ******* GOODBYE /10.23.247.163:14975 ********
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:48,943 - ERROR [CommitProcessor:4:NIOServerCnxn@422] -
> Unexpected Exception:
> > java.nio.channels.CancelledKeyException
> >         at
> sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.ensureValid(SelectionKeyImpl.java:55)
> >         at
> sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.interestOps(SelectionKeyImpl.java:59)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.sendBuffer(NIOServerCnxn.java:395)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.sendResponse(NIOServerCnxn.java:1360)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.FinalRequestProcessor.processRequest(FinalRequestProcessor.java:367)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Leader$ToBeAppliedRequestProcessor.processRequest(Leader.java:535)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.CommitProcessor.run(CommitProcessor.java:73)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:49,084 - ERROR [LearnerHandler-/10.23.247.163:14998
> :LearnerHandler@444] - Unexpected exception causing shutdown while sock
> still open
> > java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> >         at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
> >         at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
> >         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
> >         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
> >         at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:370)
> >         at
> org.apache.jute.BinaryInputArchive.readInt(BinaryInputArchive.java:63)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPacket.deserialize(QuorumPacket.java:84)
> >         at
> org.apache.jute.BinaryInputArchive.readRecord(BinaryInputArchive.java:108)
> >         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.LearnerHandler.run(LearnerHandler.java:358)
> > 2011-06-30 22:14:49,084 - WARN  [LearnerHandler-/10.23.247.163:14998
> :LearnerHandler@457] - ******* GOODBYE /10.23.247.163:14998 ********
>
> --
> This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
> For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
>
>
>


-- 
Best Regards
Lei, He

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message