zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From André Oriani <ra078...@students.ic.unicamp.br>
Subject Extracting Zab from Zookeeper and Request class
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 02:07:39 GMT
Hi Folks,

As I mentioned in an early post , I am working on a personal project to
extract Zab (zab <https://github.com/aoriani/zab>) from ZooKeeper for my MS
project. I am doing that by bring one class from Zookeeper to my code at
time. I am not planning to have clients , so the only proposer are the
servers in the quorum.

Now that I have finish bringing the leader election (almost , still need to
bring NEWLEADER proposal) , I am starting with I think is the hard part:
Leader, Leaner  e Processor classes. They are harder because I need to
change code  dealing with Zookeeper requests to work in a abcast/adeliver
fashion.

Well, stopping the chitchatting, my question is : the class Request has the
fields cxn, sessionId,cxid and TnxHeader has also clientId.  I did a grep on
the code and little operation is done over those fields. Most of the time
they are copied from a data structure to another. My guess is that they are
used by the quorum members to identify if committed proposal belongs to one
of its clients. Since my code is not going to deal with clients, can I
remove those fields? Or do they play some role in the atomic broadcast
protocol that I haven`t realized yet ?

Thanks,
André