zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Dmytro Molkov <...@fb.com>
Subject BookKeeper read while writing
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:12:12 GMT
Hey guys, is there any work being done on making it possible to read a ledger as it is being
written to?
As a quick hack I simply created a readEntriesUnsafe method that skips the check for lastEntry
> lastAddConfirmed in the readEntries method and that seems to work like a charm for me
in my test reader/writer application.

I am however not sure if this affects the performance of bookkeeper setup and doesn't cause
other side effects on the system.

Are people working on something like this, or alternatively would the community be interested
in a patch that provides a read while writing functionality?