zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: pushing the 3.3.3 bugs
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:39:15 GMT
this is an interesting read. i'm not a big fan of the even odd numbering
scheme. i'm also unclear how it work. for example, lets say i signed up
to be the RM for 3.4.0. i branch, stabilize the code, and then do a
release. would i also be in charge of 3.4.1? i would hope the answer
would be yes. i think the RM should have some long term commitment until
they decide to retire the 3.4 series.

it would allow things to flow a bit better if the RM pulled patches from
trunk rather than contributors having to work with two versions of code
to do a patch. of course that puts more work on the RM.

ben