zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Smith" <chri...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift interface
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:36:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently thinking about implementing a Thrift interface for
ZooKeeper, and wanted to get some opinions on it before I start. I can
basically see two possible ways to implement it:

 * A standalone service which implements both a ZooKeeper client and a
Thrift server, and basically acts as a proxy between the two
 * Integrate the Thrift server with the ZooKeeper server, so that ZK
servers themselves handle the Thrift connections

I think the former is probably nicer from a development stand-point,
but the latter seems better from an end-user stand-point. Has anyone
else thought about doing this (or actually done it!), and does anyone
have any preferences/comments with regard to the above options?

Cheers,

Chris Smith