zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Stone <stones....@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any way to set a string name for a ledger and how to do checkpoint ?
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 08:05:31 GMT
Hello,

I am new to BookKeeper. Played with the BookKeeper API, I can create a
ledger  like the following:

  val lh = client.createLedger(3, 2, BookKeeper.DigestType.CRC32, "foobar".
getBytes);

and open an existing one with :

val lh2 = client.openLedger(ledgerId, BookKeeper.DigestType.CRC32,
"foobar".getBytes);

but it seems there's no way to give ledger a string name (or ledger id
manually) like a name for a log file.

Another the question is how can I do checkpointing using BookKeeper ?  What
I need is like write WAL to ledger when the old changes applied I can call

  ledger.checkPoint()  // which can delete old log entries in a certain
ledger.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Stone