zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sijie Guo <guosi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error recovering ledger
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 02:40:23 GMT
Hello John,

from the exception you provided, it seems that an old version bookkeeper
client talking to a new version bookie server.

After BOOKKEEPER-135 is applied, bookkeeper client needs to provide
password to do fencing for recovery, as code:

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/47244dd77fb291ec95d5da4c96751ea92bc2d516/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/BookieServer.java#L384

from client side, bookkeeper client provides its protocol version and
password when readAndFenceLedger

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/47244dd77fb291ec95d5da4c96751ea92bc2d516/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/PerChannelBookieClient.java#L282

and current protocol version is 2.

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/47244dd77fb291ec95d5da4c96751ea92bc2d516/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/BookieProtocol.java#L40

so could you provide which version of bookkeeper client & bookie server you
used?

Thanks,
Sijie