zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From John Nagro <jna...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper Session Expiration
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 13:14:56 GMT
Flavio -

We're trying to get to the bottom of it. As I understand it, in a properly
configured and operating Zk Cluster we should never see a session
expiration exception. Globally (including all systems) we see them perhaps
once a week for the last month - and it causes some issues in our system.
We saw one last night, and bookkeeper had an issue a couple days ago.

We do have a lot of nodes connecting to zookeeper for various things. We
have a home-built configuration management tool that uses zk as the data
store, the bookkeeper stuff obviously does, my coordination on top of the
bookkeeper ledgers uses it, etc. So yes, lots of machines (dozens up to
~100) talk to this zk cluster in some fashion or another - we have other
clusters too. Ultimately, more machines will talk to the configuration
stuff in the long term. I could potentially move my zk stuff off that
cluster if you think it would help.

-John