zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From John Nagro <jna...@hubspot.com>
Subject error recovering ledger
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 15:16:58 GMT
Hello -

I've been trying to recover some old ledgers on the server and i thought i
was having an issue with my supplied passwords, but i suspect it may be
something else. On the client i see warnings for code 102 (which i know is
an auth issue), on the server i see these log lines:

2012-05-10 11:05:01,493 - WARN  [NIOServerFactory-3181:BookieServer@383] -
Ledger 251784 fenced by
Socket[addr=/***REDACTED***,port=57050,localport=3181]
2012-05-10 11:05:01,493 - ERROR [NIOServerFactory-3181:BookieServer@390] -
Password not provided, Not safe to fence 251784
2012-05-10 11:05:01,493 - ERROR [NIOServerFactory-3181:BookieServer@414] -
Unauthorized access to ledger 251784
org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.BookieException$BookieUnauthorizedAccessException
at
org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.BookieException.create(BookieException.java:46)
 at
org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer.processPacket(BookieServer.java:391)
at
org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.NIOServerFactory$Cnxn.readRequest(NIOServerFactory.java:315)
 at
org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.NIOServerFactory$Cnxn.doIO(NIOServerFactory.java:213)
at
org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.NIOServerFactory.run(NIOServerFactory.java:124)

Looking at the code, I think these errors come from here:

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/trunk/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/BookieServer.java#L387

Which looks like it relates to the version number extracted from the client
packet?

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/trunk/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/BookieServer.java#L389

Looks like those messages were added on April 2nd:

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/commit/47244dd77fb291ec95d5da4c96751ea92bc2d516#diff-10

I'm running the latest published 4.1-SNAPSHOT client-side.

Am i experiencing a password issue? Or is it not getting to the point where
it is checked? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

-John Nagro