zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: How many nodes recommended for book keeper cluster?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 05:45:35 GMT
Hi,

>Could you please any one tell, how many minimum nodes recommended for
>book keeper cluster?

This again depends on the number of tolerated failures supporting in your system and more
or less this is one of the reliability factor of system. As Uma suggested, I also feel 3 would
be fine.

>Whether the book keeper support multiple directories to configure? I
>want to configure multiple directories with comma separated.

Yeah, it is supporting. Following conf item present in bk_server.conf and is used for storing
the ledger snapshots.

#ledgerDirectories=/tmp/bk-data1,/tmp/bk-data2

-Rakesh

>Could you please any one tell, how many minimum nodes recommended for
>book keeper cluster?

Minimum 3 nodes . After that you can scale the nodes depending on your usage.

>Whether the book keeper support multiple directories to configure? I
>want to configure multiple directories with comma separated.

You are right. you can configure.

BTW, what is your use case for using bookkeeper?

Thanks & Regards,
Uma