zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: error recovering ledger
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 21:37:04 GMT
The second message refers to fencing, so it sounds like you're trying to recover the ledger.
The fencing mechanism seems to be rejecting your request because the password is incorrect.

-Flavio

On May 10, 2012, at 5:16 PM, John Nagro wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I've been trying to recover some old ledgers on the server and i thought i was having
an issue with my supplied passwords, but i suspect it may be something else. On the client
i see warnings for code 102 (which i know is an auth issue), on the server i see these log
lines:

> 2012-05-10 11:05:01,493 - WARN  [NIOServerFactory-3181:BookieServer@383] - Ledger 251784
fenced by Socket[addr=/***REDACTED***,port=57050,localport=3181]
> 2012-05-10 11:05:01,493 - ERROR [NIOServerFactory-3181:BookieServer@390] - Password not
provided, Not safe to fence 251784
> 2012-05-10 11:05:01,493 - ERROR [NIOServerFactory-3181:BookieServer@414] - Unauthorized
access to ledger 251784
> org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.BookieException$BookieUnauthorizedAccessException
> 	at org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.BookieException.create(BookieException.java:46)
> 	at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer.processPacket(BookieServer.java:391)
> 	at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.NIOServerFactory$Cnxn.readRequest(NIOServerFactory.java:315)
> 	at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.NIOServerFactory$Cnxn.doIO(NIOServerFactory.java:213)
> 	at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.NIOServerFactory.run(NIOServerFactory.java:124)
>

> Looking at the code, I think these errors come from here:
>
> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/trunk/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/BookieServer.java#L387
>
> Which looks like it relates to the version number extracted from the client packet?
>
> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/trunk/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/proto/BookieServer.java#L389
>
> Looks like those messages were added on April 2nd:
>
> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/commit/47244dd77fb291ec95d5da4c96751ea92bc2d516#diff-10
>

> I'm running the latest published 4.1-SNAPSHOT client-side.
>
> Am i experiencing a password issue? Or is it not getting to the point where it is checked?
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

> -John Nagro

flavio
junqueira
senior research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301