zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper Session Expiration
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 12:44:04 GMT
This is definitely not ideal. If you lose your zookeeper session, then you're not able to close
your open ledgers, which will force ledger recovery. It is not a correctness issue, but certainly
inconvenient. We need to fix, and I'm glad that Uma is already looking into it.

I'm curious about why you're getting session expirations, though. Is it frequent or you got
it once? Do you have many nodes connecting to your ZooKeeper instance?

-Flavio

On May 1, 2012, at 2:07 PM, John Nagro wrote:

> Thanks Uma - that is exactly what i am looking for. The way i am handing it now is to
pass a bookkeeper client factory rather than an instance. When i encounter zk session expiration,
i create a new client and discard the old one - getting a fresh set of connections to zk.
Perhaps not idea, but gets the job done.

> thanks!
>
> -John
>
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G <maheswara@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
>  BK client need to handle session expire events from ZK.  Here is the issue for that
BOOKKEEPER-225.
> We will implement it soon. I hope this is your doubt. Please correct me if my interpretation
is wrong about your question here.

> Thanks a lot,
> Uma

errors... it seems that the BookKeeper client never recovers from that? Is that correct?