zookeeper-bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Uma Maheswara Rao G <mahesw...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: rolling restarts
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 14:36:36 GMT
BOOKKEEPER-172<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-172> Provide the implementation
for upgrades between versions.

Here fileSystem layout will refer the bookie data layout format which is persisted on the
directories or ZKs. The new version of software(BK server)  should be able to load them to
memory correctly.

So, It is better to do the upgrades as suggested in doc. That will take care of upgrading
your software and also can finalyze if every thing ok. If there are any issues, it will roll
back as well.

Let Ivan/Flavio  conform about the layout changes between versions and if i am wrong BK case.

Thanks & Regards,

Uma