zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrianc...@apache.org>
Subject Plan to revert back to OpenZipkin
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2019 01:42:20 GMT
As you know, we voted to withdraw [1] from the Incubator back to the
https://github.com/openzipkin/ org, which still exists and has active
projects inside.

Based on a previous inquiry to the Incubator [2], we expect no
resistance to this. The same thread noted ODF Toolkit was the most
recent to withdraw. For background reading, here is the last
actionable email on their efforts [3].

Our plan is to move our repositories back, reverting ASF related
changed. Each repository migrated had little work performed besides
setup of Apache related tasks. All new PPMC or committers were
actually long time contributors to OpenZipkin. In other words, the
vast majority of work here has been process in nature. Our codebases
had little impact otherwise.

The following ticket will track work to revert us to prior state ASAP:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin/issues/2629

Thanks for all of your help and patience so far. Thanks in advance for
watching out for ways to ease our path back. Our best route is to
reduce injury to our userbase by coming back online as quickly as
possible. Some projects have gone 3 months with no release due to our
attempt to join the incubator.

Best,
Adrian

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e3d911151dff081145886b620145924067267de998da40495b1f996b@%3Cdev.zipkin.apache.org%3E