zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jenkins job cleanups
Date Sat, 11 May 2019 09:28:32 GMT
>PS if anyone can help on this.. our images now are broke and I can't
> find the magic syntax to fix.

You can go to the build of a specific branch on the Jenkins UI, for example
https://builds.apache.org/view/Z/view/Zipkin/job/GH-incubator-zipkin/job/incubator-zipkin/job/master/
for the main repo. There's a "Embeddable Build Status" link on the left
that shows you all the different ways status can be embedded for this
build. I'd recommend the "protected", "with view" variant
(protected/unprotected doesn't make any difference on a publicly readable
Jenkins installation, and the protected URL is somewhat cleaner). Here's an
example: https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin/pull/2585/

> also blue ocean doesn't like this..

https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/GH-incubator-zipkin/incubator-zipkin/branches/

The blue ocean UI is still a bit ... wonky, to say the least. To view one
of the jobs, you can
* Go to the main page at https://builds.apache.org/blue/pipelines and
search for zipkin. Shortcut:
https://builds.apache.org/blue/pipelines/?search=zipkin
* Click one of the projects.

Mind, if you control/command-click the project, and open it in a new tab,
you'll get a 404 like above. Reloading the same page also gives you a 404.
This seems to be due to how Blue Ocean urlencodes a slash in the URL here,
and on loading the browser decodes that, and the backend then doesn't know
what to do. This might possibly be a "misconfiguration" in the ASF
installation of Jenkins (in quotes because this is weird behavior to begin
with), or a bug in the plugin. Personally, I wouldn't spend time tracking
this down further, but of course we can open an INFRA ticket, see where
that goes.