zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we please rally to get out of the incubator?
Date Sat, 18 May 2019 06:04:09 GMT
thanks I really hope we can get out of this as soon as possible as it is
not a happy place. for example justin says we have issues in every release
which is plainly untrue or a huge stretch.

for example he took issue at 3 temporary files in the last release.

2 of them he took issue the last time and I immediately created a pull
request and notified him and corrected to best of my knowledge and he found
some nit that he could have mentioned in the pull request. even this was
mentioned in the release vote (and the prior!) as files that would be
deleted. the other file of issue had 2 license headers on it.. which was a
mistake but at the same time *also temporary* and incidentally written by a
committer.

I am upset as clearly he has a tool or approach that isnt worked into
Apache rat and by not fixing the tools he is making eggshells for us to
walk over. then taking cheap shots at completely minor issues just to say
that we have issues.

I really hate this and want out as soon as possible.