zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it time to stop supporting Cassandra <3.11.3?
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 11:17:54 GMT
Hi, team.

You may recall that we are maintaining double code for cassandra and
have been for years. This is due to the minimum requirement of our
"cassandra3" storage (3.11.3). Initially the gate was around those
using Datastax, but I am not sure if this problem is valid anymore or
not, as there aren't many details here:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/landing_page/doc/landing_page/compatibility.html

Regardless, we are hitting hard limitations of test runtimes, now.
Cassandra 4 is coming around the corner, which will imply a drop of
Cassandra 2.x support anyway. When should we drop support for
Cassandra <3.11.3?

Best,
-Adrian