zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it time to stop supporting Cassandra <3.11.3?
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 23:30:02 GMT
Here's the cassandra supported version table. While I've read blogs
about Cassandra 4.0, I'm not sure if we can predict when that will be
released. One complicating factor is that our "cassandra3" only works
completely with Cassandra 3.11.3 and 3.11.4, due to indexing
mechanics.

So, if we follow Cassandra's policy we keep "cassandra" until 6 months
after 4.0, as at least one of the below older versions are still
supported until then.

http://cassandra.apache.org/download/
Apache Cassandra 3.0 is supported until 6 months after 4.0 release (date TBD).
Apache Cassandra 2.2 is supported until 4.0 release (date TBD).
Apache Cassandra 2.1 is supported until 4.0 release (date TBD) with
critical fixes only.