zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Quilcate <quilcate.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin (incubating) version 2.13.0
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 21:14:00 GMT
+1

Checked:

* Source archive has expected name
* SHA512 checksum is correct
* Provided GPG key is in KEYS file
* GPG signature is valid, made with the provided key
* Base dir in archive has expected name
* Git tree at provided revision matches source archive
* DISCLAIMER and NOTICE look good
* LICENSE looks good
* No binary files in the release.

by running verification tool, I get the following message:

[PASS] Source archive has expected name
[PASS] SHA512 checksum is correct
[PASS] Provided GPG key is in KEYS file
[PASS] GPG signature is valid, made with the provided key
[PASS] Base dir in archive has expected name
[FAIL] Git tree at provided revision matches source archive
/tmp/tmpcluevq0k/git/incubator-zipkin.git/.github is only in the git checkout
/tmp/tmpcluevq0k/unzipped/zipkin-2.13.0/zipkin/dependency-reduced-pom.xml is only in the source
archive
See above for a full output of diff.
[FAIL] No .gitignore-d files in source archive
Executing `shopt -s globstar; ! git check-ignore **` in /tmp/tmpcluevq0k/unzipped/zipkin-2.13.0
exited with non-zero status code 1. See above for output. (Note that the command was run under
`set -euo pipefail`)
[PASS] DISCLAIMER and NOTICE look good
[PASS] LICENSE looks good
[FAIL] No binary files in the release
Executing `diff <(echo -n) <(find /tmp/tmpcluevq0k/unzipped/zipkin-2.13.0 -type f |
xargs file | grep -v text | cut -f1 -d:)` exited with non-zero status code 1. See above for
output. (Note that the command was run under `set -euo pipefail`)
Error: Found 3 problems.

But as far as I know:
- .github/ is ok to filter and zipkin/dependency-reduced-pom.xml ok to have in source dist.
- Not sure gitignore is relevant for source dist neither.
- And images are been recognized as binary files, that has been validated that is ok to have
them as part of the source dist as well.

Regards,
Jorge.