zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Andriy Redko <drr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it time to stop supporting Cassandra <3.11.3?
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 01:33:55 GMT
Hi Adrian,

My apologies if I am restating something you guys are aware of, but the
story of Cassandra 4.0 is an interesting one. It's been at least 2 years
since the rumours about Cassandra 4.0 release started to leak, but it is
not there yet (though 4.0 driver is out and it is **completely** different
beast).

The 2.x base is shrinking but I know a few organizations who a) stuck
with 2.x due to Thrift b) forked 2.x at some point and stayed with that
(applying own patches since than). I am not sure that these examples
are enough to keep the overhead of supporting 2.x for you guys, so
I would personally lean towards dropping it. Sadly, I am not sure
anyone is able to tell when Cassandra 4.0 is going to see the light
of the day, may be @Mick has some insights?

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko