zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Layout Factory (incubating) version 0.0.5
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2019 17:46:29 GMT
+1. Checked:

* Source archive has expected name
* SHA512 checksum is correct
* Provided GPG key is in KEYS file
* GPG signature is valid, made with the provided key
* Base dir in archive has expected name
* Git tree at provided revision matches source archive
* No .gitignore-d files in source archive
* DISCLAIMER and NOTICE look good
* LICENSE looks good
* No binary files in the release

Note: the artifact naming here was a bit confusing for me. We have one
extra "zipkin-" here compared to previously migrated projects. Compare the
URL paths with brave-karaf:
*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/zipkin/brave-karaf/0.1.2/apache-zipkin-brave-karaf-incubating-0.1.2-source-release.zip
*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zipkin/zipkin-layout-factory/0.0.5/apache-zipkin-layout-factory-incubating-0.0.5-source-release.zip

The salient part is that at "incubator/zipkin/zipkin-layout-factory" we
here have an extra "zipkin-", compared to "incubator/zipkin/brave-karaf".
Notice how the zip filenames still have the same pattern. This is a minor
nit, but might be nice to fix for consistency. Feel free to tell me I'm
wrong due to some nuance of Java artifact naming conventions, and this
difference is actually intentional and correct.

(For anyone using the release checker script, it gets confused by the same,
and
https://github.com/openzipkin-contrib/apache-release-verification/pull/17
prepares
it for this difference and provides an example of using it)